The lesson is designed using CorelDRAW, the world fame vector program used by artists, illustrators and designers. CorelDRAW is a very user friendly software and you can learn fast for the basic level. Try to explore more commands using these lessons as guideline. CorelDRAW has best of the drawing and editing facilities with the astonishing range of effects. Please try to go further than these tips and tricks by drawing your own shapes and applying effects with different options.
1. Open Corel DRAW. Select Bezier Tool and draw the following shape.
2. Select the Shape tool and select all three points by dragging shape tool around the shape
3. Click Convert Line To Curves from Property bar which is activated after selecting shape tool.
4. Select top left point using shape tool and click Make Node Symmetrical from Property bar. Edit the nodes using the available options and make the proper half portion of the heart shape.
5. Select Pick Tool.
Arrange > Transformations > Scale
Scale & Mirror > Mirror ( H for Horizontal )
Apply to Duplicate.
6. Position the other half carefully to make a proper shape.
7. Select both the shapes using Pick Tool.
Arrange > Combine
8. Using Shape Tool, select top open points by dragging the Shape Tool around the points.
9. Click Join Two Nodes from Property bar.
10. Repeat the procedure for bottom nodes which are not joined.
11. Fill the shape with desired color.